Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Valuing Nature: Should We Put a Price on Ecosystems?
Explore how we value the natural world
There are many services that ecosystems provide that we never even consider, until we destroy them. Natural ecosystems help alleviate flooding, improve food security and protect our coastlines. Yet we consistently replace these ecosystems with manmade alternatives. If we put a price on nature, will it help us to protect these important ecosystems? And is it morally right to put a price on nature? Get answers with this course that uses an interdisciplinary approach to explore the ins and outs of how we value nature.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the concept of 'valuing nature’
- Compare different types of services that ecosystems provide
- Assess the moral and political dilemmas associated with valuing ecosystems
- Apply your understanding of ecosystem services to peatlands, coral reefs and rainforests
- Identify key ecosystem services in your place
- Investigate the best ways to manage and preserve ecosystems and their services
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in nature and the environment, you don’t need any past experience.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.