Weekly study8 hours
You as a Healthcare Leader
The importance of reflecting on individual strengths
Firstly, this course will enable you to consider methods and tools relating to your development as an effective leader.
You will examine models of reflective practice alongside the importance of engaging in reflective practice and soliciting feedback as a life-long learner.
Lastly, this course will support you to navigate Emotional Intelligence and consider your personal values, beliefs and qualities to develop as a healthcare leader.
- Methods to assess leadership and management strengths and development areas
- Using the Myers Briggs personality tool to gain insight
- How to gain useful feedback
- Using reflective practice tools
- Emotional Intelligence and how to develop it
- Communicating with impact
- Personal values, beliefs and qualities – how will these impact you as a leader?
- Values, beliefs and qualities of Global Healthcare Leaders
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate methods and exploratory tools to identify strengths and development areas as a future leader
- Understand methods to gain feedback on you as a leader and manager and how to use it
- Analyse psychometric tools to gain personal insight
- Examine reflective practice models and practices
- Understand the key elements of emotional intelligence and how to develop it
- Apply techniques to communicate with impact
- Reflect on personal values, beliefs and qualities in relation to interpersonal skills
- Compare personal values and qualities with researched healthcare leaders and managers
Who is the course for?
Students who are healthcare professionals and administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management role, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants and service providers in the health sector.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.