What’s the difference between a free course and an upgraded course?
Learn how to identify and help with anxiety in young people
Anxiety is a common condition experienced by young people that can escalate to a point where it impacts on their general wellbeing and activities of daily living; brain development and performance at school or college. If untreated the risk of developing chronic and enduring mental health conditions increases, as well as the risks of deliberate self harm and suicide.
On this course you will learn how to identify anxiety disorders experienced by young people, understand ‘stigma’ related to mental health and develop your ability to help a young person experiencing debilitating anxiety
What topics will you cover?
- The characteristics of anxiety
- Adolescent development
- Anxiety as a biological response / toxic stress
- Other linked mental health conditions
- Stigma and mental illness
- Engaging with young people / safeguarding
- Ways of helping the young person with anxiety