MSc Health Economics & Health Policy
Gain career-ready skills in public health with a flexible online master’s degree from Brunel University London. Home in on key issues within health economics and health policy to unlock careers in the healthcare sector and health policy organisations.
DegreeMSc Health Economics & Health Policy
TypeHealth Economics & Health Policy MSc online
Duration1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Price per program£10,100 GBP
Discover a more flexible route to earning a public health degree
Do you want to take your health career to the next level? Are you worried that taking time out to study will compromise your current role?
This innovative online master’s degree from Brunel University London is specifically designed to fit around professional commitments. You’ll set your own schedule, use cutting-edge e-learning technology, and join a global online network of students and professionals working in the healthcare sector.
Choose your specialism and unlock public health careers
Whether you’re interested in gaining an overview of all aspects of public health, or in homing in on specific areas like health policy or health economics, this online degree has an option for you.
Across eight modules led by world-leading experts at Brunel University London, you’ll become a specialist in the field of your choice. You’ll be armed with specific skills to unlock your dream career.
Health Economics & Health Policy MSc online
- 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Start dates
- 8 May 2023 (apply by 8 May 2023)
- Fully online
What do I need to apply?
A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification such as economics or related studies, public health, health-related studies, pharmacy, or medicine.
Non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of one of the following:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 59 (59 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 63% (minimum 58% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 90 (minimum 20 in all parts)
How much will it cost?
What are the learning outcomes?
Advance your healthcare career with an online MSc taught by world-leading academics and health sector experts at Brunel University London. This distance learning programme will provide the credentials you need to take your health career to the next level. Course content is delivered through 8 modules that cover a range of important topics specific to health economics and health policy.
Over the course of the programme, you will:
- Explore the links between population health and macroeconomic factors
- Build knowledge, skills, and competence to perform economic evaluation of interventions and policies, including in the application of epidemiology and decision modelling
- Gain the opportunity to conduct an empirical research project on a specific issue within health economics and policy
- Consider equity in health and healthcare delivery and consumption
- Develop your competence in critically evaluating and communicating research evidence
- Examine healthcare financing models, provider reimbursement mechanisms, incentives, and the implications for healthcare markets
- Enhance knowledge and skills in reflective practice, research, communication, and working in online groups
What you’ll get as a degree student with FutureLearn
- Learn when you want by watching videos, reading articles, doing tests, and completing assignments online
- Join online discussions and collaborate with your peers in a virtual study group
- Enjoy discussions with feedback from expert educators
- Get full access to the university library, online resources and support
Want to know more?
Brunel has earned an excellent reputation through its rigorous academic standards as well as taking a practical, entrepreneurial, and imaginative approach across disciplines.