By the end of the ExpertTrack, you’ll be able to...
- Explore planning classes, dealing with resources and managing the lesson
- Reflect on how we assess learners, being inclusive and teacher subject knowledge
- Investigate 21st century skills, technology and teaching, multilingualism and educational practices around the world
- Experiment with new skills and develop professionally as a teacher
Planning lessons and courses
- Planning ahead
- Aims and stages
- Task: lesson observation
- Course planning
- What's available?
- Using flashcards
- Using realia
- Using the board
Managing the lesson
- Factors that influence learning
- Teacher language
- Alone, in pairs or in groups?
- Engaging learners
Taking responsibility for professional development
- Your professional development
- Personal learning networks
- Peer observation
- Developing your reflective practice
- Peer Graded Assignment: Lessons and Teaching
- Next steps
- What motivates your learners?
- Building rapport
- Getting learners talking
Knowing the subject
- What do teachers and learners know already?
- What do learners need to know about new language?
- Checking understanding
- Practising new language
Using inclusive practices
- Understanding inclusive practices
- Differentiating content
- Differentiating process
- Differentiating product
- Why we do what we do
- Types of assessment
- Assessing speaking
- Assessing writing
- Peer Graded Assignment: Learning and Learners
- Next steps
Promoting 21st century skills
- Understanding 21st century skills
- Critical thinking
- Collaboration and communication
- Technology and change
- Evaluating technology
- Technology, autonomy and collaboration
Understanding educational policies and practice
- Educational policy and teachers
- Child protection
- Internet safety
- Applying policy
- Peer Graded Assignment: The Classroom and the World
Using multilingual approaches
- The languages we speak
- Other languages and learning English
- Multilingual teaching approaches
- World Englishes and the future of English
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million people overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends