Challenges and opportunities for BIM implementation
- Investments in new software and hardware
- The training and learning process (including practice period)
- Lack of interest or demand by the client
- Accepting the collaborative nature of BIM practice and sharing the information within the wider project team
- Involving the supply chain in the process
- Defining and implementing data, security and ownership requirements and integrating data and different models together, due to interoperability issues.
- Improving certainty about the construction timeline and budget
- Better design, both structurally and more efficient in terms of energy performance
- Managing clients’ expectations in a more efficient way
- More efficient information management and communication
- Better site management, health and safety and risk management of the project
Your taskShare your thoughts on the following questions:
- What challenges exist for BIM implementation in the AEC industry for a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME)?
- What opportunities exist for BIM implementation in the AEC industry for an SME?
BIM Implementation within the AEC Industry
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.