- The accessibility of technology that can be used to develop biological agents
- Newly developed methodologies for genetic manipulation
- The convergence of technologies such as information technology and biotechnology to result in new risks not previously seen
- The rise in human population and human movement – such as air travel and refugee movements – that become a new form of "vector”
- A lack of effective governance at a global level
Biosecurity and Bioterrorism: Public Health Dimensions
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.