Sverdlovsk anthrax outbreak 1979 – outbreak detection
- The kinds of detection strategies that were used
- The various forms of diagnosis of infectious diseases
- How the detection of this event was handled by authorities
- Without laboratory testing, how easy do you think it is to correctly diagnose anthrax?
- Infectious disease can be diagnosed by clinical syndrome, by culture or special testing of a sample from a live patient, or at autopsy following death. Which do you think is the most reliable method of diagnosis?
- If this event occurred in your jurisdiction or country, how do you think local and national authorities might react?
Biosecurity and Bioterrorism: Public Health Dimensions
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.