A day in the life of a young child
- What are the different settings in which Matt is active?
- What intensity of activity is Matt participating in in these settings?
- Is there a mixture of light, moderate and vigorous physical activities?
- Is Matt participating in physical activity in different locations (i.e. at a park, inside and outside)?
- Is physical activity used as a form of transport at any time throughout the video (e.g. walking to the shops instead of travelling the car)?
- What are the roles of the parent/caregiver in providing physical activity opportunities?
Discuss and compareNow that you have observed an example of the ways in which a 4 year old is active throughout the day in Australia, we would like you to share your experience.
Conversation starterIn the comments section share your response to the following question:
- How is Matt’s physical activity similar or different to what occurs in a typical day in the life of a child in your country or a child that you know?
Preventing Childhood Obesity: an Early Start to Healthy Living
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.