Getting the most out of your learning
- Marked 90%+ of steps as complete
- Attempted every test and assessment question
- Gained an average score of 70%+ across all Peer Graded Assessments and Tests
- Working through the component courses in the suggested order. They’re arranged for a reason, and each course has been designed with a logical sequence. Jumping ahead without completing what came before may give you a disjointed learning experience.
- Reading, watching and listening across a variety of steps. Some of which are text based, whilst others contain rich media such as video or audio.
- Sharing and discussing your learning with course peers. Keep an eye out for the prompts which follow many steps, and get ready to spend a little more time on the Discussion steps.
- Developing your ideas through conversation. Educators will not be able to respond directly to comments in this ExpertTrack. We encourage learners to support one another, share personal experiences, and see new perspectives through the comments.
- Concept-checking and assessing your progress by completing quiz steps. Quizzes are just for practice, and the scores don’t count towards your certificate of achievement.
Want to keep
Coventry University online course,
The Cyber Security Landscape
Capturing your thinkingA great way to get the most out of your course is to consistently capture your thinking. Exactly what you choose to record will be different for everyone, but it will probably include your notes, useful resources and reflections on your progress.We call this collection a ‘learning log’. The aim is to allow you to regularly look back on what you’ve learned and articulate your thoughts and feelings about the experience. A learning log is informal and can be kept private. However, in the spirit of social learning, you’re encouraged to share as much of your work with your fellow learners as feels comfortable.It’s up to you how you record your log entries but you might want to consider:
- Offline in a notebook
- Blogging and journaling tools, such as Blogger, Tumblr, Wix and WordPress
- Online note-taking tools and apps, such as Shrib, EverNote and Google Keep
The Cyber Security Landscape
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.