Risk management of threats
- Risk is part of all our lives
- As a society, we need to take risks to grow and develop. From energy to infrastructure, supply chains to airport security, hospitals to housing, effectively managed risks help societies achieve. In our fast paced world, the risks we have to manage evolve quickly. We need to make sure we manage risks so that we minimise their threats and maximise their potential.
- Risk management involves understanding, analysing and addressing risk to make sure organisations achieve their objectives. So it must be proportionate to the complexity and type of organisation involved. Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is an integrated and joined up approach to managing risk across an organisation and its extended networks.
- Because risk is inherent in everything we do, the type of roles undertaken by risk professionals are incredibly diverse. They include roles in insurance, business continuity, health and safety, corporate governance, engineering, planning and financial services.
- Executive-level engagement
- Talent and human capital
- Intellectual property
- Connected products
- Customer trust
Your taskConsider your own organisation and the nature of the information your role works with: what are the risks around your data being lost or used by others? How much would you spend to protect it?
ReferencesPeasley, S., Mantha, K., Rao, V., Fedder, C. and Gasdia, M. (2017) ‘Cyber Risk in Consumer Business’. Deloitte Insights [online]. available from https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/industry/retail-distribution/cyber-risk-management-in-consumer-business.html [27 August 2019]
The Cyber Security Landscape
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.