Auditing your Mobile App permissions
- close background apps when you are not using them and uninstall apps you no longer need
- keep your phone operating system and apps up to date
- only install applications from approved app stores
- audit the permissions that apps have on your phone
- scrutinise the permission requested by apps before you install them and choose alternatives with more sensible permissions if needed
App permissionsWhen you install apps on your phone you will be asked to grant them permissions to access systems or information on your phone. In most instances these requests will be sensible:
- a routefinding app will ask for permission to use your current location
- photosharing apps will ask for permission to access your camera and photos
Cyber Security: Safety at Home, Online, in Life
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.