What’s your story? Join the learning communityWe’d love to find out more about you.
Where in the world are you?Add yourself to our interactive map below. Here is how to do this:
- At the top left of the map click the tab marked ‘Additions’.
- Choose ‘Add Marker- Simple’.
- Type your name in the Entry Name field. We suggest that you use only your first name for security reasons.
- Type your location in the location field (e.g. your city & country). Alternatively you can use the ‘click on map location’ feature. Please don’t put your full address for security reasons.
- Hit submit!
Interactive MapOnce you have added yourself to the map, please click the ‘back button’ on your browser to come back here. Then introduce yourself in the comments area and tell us your ‘story’ – what’s your motivation for joining this course?
Posting your first commentsShare your response in the discussion area. Have a look at other learners’ comments. If you can relate to a comment someone else has made, why not ‘Like’ it or leave a reply? You can filter comments by ‘Following’, ‘Most liked’ and ‘Your comments’.If you want to see recent activity on the course, select the Activity icon at the top of the step. If you’re following someone, you can filter this list to show the comments of people you’re following, or see if anyone has replied to a comment you’ve made.
- Comments should be brief and to the point; no more than two or three short paragraphs. This is a conversation, not a monologue – no one wants to read essays!
- Read your comments and replies all the way through before you post them. If you post in a hurry you may regret it later – you can’t delete but you can edit your comments for up to 15 minutes after you have posted them
- Criticise the idea, not the person – and be polite when you do
- Don’t write a reply that you wouldn’t say face to face
- Remember that learners vary in culture, age and experience
- Not all learners have English as their first language, so always try to write clearly
- Explain any acronyms you use and avoid jargon if you can
- If you see a message that you think is offensive click its ‘Report’ flag icon. It will be reviewed by FutureLearn’s moderators and will be removed if they agree with you
Checking your progress …When you’ve finished this Step just select the pink ‘Mark as complete’ button. You will then be able to see at a glance which Steps you have completed on your ‘To do’ list, and so we can show you how much you’ve completed on your progress page.
Digital Marketing: Challenges and Insights
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.