Integrated Curriculum Framework (ICF)
Integrated Curriculum FrameworkThe purpose of the university’s Integrated Curriculum Framework is to identify the connections between key components of the curriculum and how these connections help in the development of effective programs and courses that can be quality assured. The Integrated Curriculum Framework identifies core components and the interrelationships between these components.
Developing curriculumGenerally , developing a curriculum follows these steps:
- Start with identifying the overall rationale for the Degree or Program.
- Define the Program Learning Outcomes (PLO), which prescribe the knowledge, skills, attributes and practices of a program. We will focus on how to design PLOs in Week 2.
- You also need to incorporate in the design of PLO, the University’s Strategic Intent and Graduate Capabilities. Graduate Capabilities, identify the university’s expectations, that all students should achieve a set of generic abilities and skills on graduation.
- Develop the Course Learning Outcomes (CLO) for each course within the Program. Each CLO should articulate clear links to one or more PLO. At the course level, each course may contribute to the development of some, but not all, Graduate Capabilities as Graduate Capabilities are associated with the totality of the student learning experience across all the years of their study at university.
- Develop the course components and assessments, again articulating clear links between each component and aligned with the CLO.
- As courses are taught and students have been assessed, you can then evaluate the course. Evaluation provides data on the extent of success students have in achieving the CLO and PLO. The evaluation data can also be used to support the assessment and the effectiveness of the courses within the program.capabilities.
Reflection pointConsider the ICF and where your course integrates with the model.
Introduction to Educational Design in Higher Education
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.