Responding to your risk
- Using what we have learned so far this week, can you think of any risk factors which are present in your life?
- You will probably be able to think of some straight away, such as your energetic pets, bifocal spectacles or dizziness. But there may be others which you did not previously know about until doing this course.
- Gait and balance
- Home hazards
- Confidence or fear of falling
- Feet and footwear
- Walking sticks
- Do you feel motivated or empowered to make any changes, or to take any action to reduce your risk?
- Have you learned any ways to keep your body healthy in order to prevent falls?
Ageing Well: Why Older People Fall
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.