The PhD proposal – put it all together!
- Collect all your weekly assignments
- Incorporate the peer feedback and your own reflections from each week
- Organise your different texts to a proposal. You can either use the structure used in the download section below, that we also we introduced as a template in week 1 step 1.3, or structure in according to another template with the major sections a PhD proposal needs
Some tips to ensure clarity, coherence and relevance of your draft PhD proposal
- Revise the title of your proposal
- Refine and sharpen the research statement, objective and sub-questions you wrote in the first week
- Include findings from the literature and necessary research ethical guidance
- Check for coherence of research design, methods and empirical material you include
- Organize the PhD project resources, progress plans and milestones in a way that is clear and feasible throughout the study period
- Check structure, format, writing style and references
Final reflection:Do I have an adequate command of the field, to make my rationale persuasive? Does the structure of the draft PhD proposal cover and follow the template? Is my style and quality of writing focused and clear?
How to Write a PhD Research Proposal
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.