- Using someone else’s words directly without accurately acknowledging their authorship (whether this is from a published source or another student)
- Using ideas from someone else’s work without accurately acknowledging their source
- Colluding with another student to produce the same or similar work
- Passing off someone else’s original work (eg a commissioned essay) as your own.
- You do not learn how to cite references to comply with university standards
- You do not fully understand the role that references play in your academic writing.
An Intermediate Guide to Writing in English for University Study
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.