Researching different platforms
TaskHere are three platforms that an online English teacher might use.
- Is the platform free, or does it require a subscription/payment?
- Do you have to register and sign in? Do your students?
- Can it be used on all browsers and most devices?
- Can you and your students see each other?
- Is there a (interactive) whiteboard?
- Is it possible to share your screen?
- Is there a chat feature?
- Are there breakout rooms for pair/group work?
- Is there a help section with tutorials to help you understand how to use the platform?
Reflect and shareWhich of the three platforms do you think is the best for your online lessons? Why have you chosen this platform? Share your reasons in the comments.
Teaching English Online
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.