Tips for new online teachers of English
TaskWatch experienced online teachers of English share their tips for creating effective online lessons. Complete each sentence below with a word.
- Get to know your student, do a needs _____.
- Planning is key but have a _____ plan.
- Plan fully and make sure there is a _____ of different materials.
- Check that the _____ works.
- Understand your _____ and practise using it.
- Make sure the students are _____ with how the class works.
- Run an _____ session before you start teaching.
- Be prepared to use your _____ a lot.
Reflect and shareWhat do you think the biggest challenge might be when starting to teach online? Why? How might you overcome it? Share your ideas in the comments and then respond to at least two comments you read. Can you offer any advice to other course participants?
Teaching English Online
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.