Evidence collection is not the beginning or the end
TaskWhat do you learn from others?Look at the statements below from teachers that exemplify why practice-based evidence (classroom research evidence) is key in helping them adopt new practices.
- “Seeing real teachers try out ideas in the classrooms gives me confidence that I can make these changes in my classroom.”
- “Watching how the students respond to another teacher helps me see what I need to do to make this work for my class.”
- “Clearly assessment for learning helps kids improve but the practice-based evidence helps me see how it works in reality.”
- “The great thing about seeing assessment for learning in action in the classroom helps me see what I already do to make this work and what I need to refine to get it working even better.”
- “The research makes sense but seeing teachers and students doing it brings it to life and so helps me prepare to do this.”
- “Just noting the way the teachers question and the ways they interact with their students is inspirational and evidence that this is achievable in real classrooms.”
- “Practice-based evidence helps me compare what I currently do with what I might be able to do with my class and that is really helpful.”Choose one of the statements that stands out as important for you and explain why this is in the comments below.
Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.