Planning for learning over time
What might be in a medium term plan?There are a number of different aspects that a medium term plan may include. Read the different options listed then, in the comments below, indicate which you think is the most important to include when planning across lessons and topics.
- Learning intentions increasing in complexity
- Planned questions throughout
- Group work opportunities
- Assessment opportunities throughout
- Links to previous learning
- Students’ misconceptions or difficult concepts
- Links to ‘Big Ideas’ in the subject
- Links to everyday contexts
- Flexible routes through the learning
- A range of suggested tasks
Select and commentIn the comments below, state one of the above list as important for you to include in your medium term planning for learning.What’s your reasoning?
Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.