Creating Professional Learning Communities
- School-based learning communities that provide ongoing opportunities grounded in local contexts for teachers to learn about and reflect with peers on their efforts to implement and integrate the formative assessment practices;
- Reflection on the implications for teachers’ own practice after observing live or video-based exemplars of effective formative assessment practice;
- Disciplinary-based learning opportunities that support teachers making connections between the content and practices of their subject area and formative assessment approaches, including an understanding of student misconceptions, naïve understandings, or critical learning trajectories.”
- How could a Professional Learning Community work to help teachers enact a formative approach to classroom assessment?
- What activities would help teachers learn from one another?
Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.