What is podcasting?
- Flexible in nature: you can listen to it as you like when you like and you can listen to what you like
- Podcasting can be cheap and easy to make
- A companion as you do other things: drive, walk, do household chores, work out
Quality examplesIf you’d like to see what a quality podcast looks like we have included some examples from a few different genres. Take the time to have a look at what quality sounds like.
Want to keep
learning?This content is taken from
University of Wollongong online course,
The Power of Podcasting for StorytellingView Course
- Serial – Serial tells one story — a true story — over the course of a season. Serial has won every major award for broadcasting, including the duPont-Columbia, Scripps Howard, Edward R. Murrow, and the first-ever Peabody awarded to a podcast.
Society and Culture
- Heavyweight – Jonathan Goldstein goes back to the moment everything changed.
- Millennial – A podcast about what no one really teaches you — how to manoeuvre your 20s post-graduation. Hosted by Megan Tan.
- Science Friction – Sex, death, war, parenting, politics, climate change, obesity — science is at the heart of the hot-button issues of our time. Do embryos have human rights? Will we colonise space? Is it OK to do genetic engineering in your garage? Can science stop suicide? This is the stuff of Science Friction.
News & Politics
- New York Times – The Daily – This is how the news should sound. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, hosted by Michael Barbaro and powered by New York Times journalism.
Want to learn more?Attached below is an article by Siobhan discussing the ‘podcasting revolution’.
The Power of Podcasting for Storytelling
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.