Setting up the operating system
Installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise
A free 90-day trial is available to download from the Windows Evaluation website.Note: the download file for Windows 8.1 Enterprise is 3.7 GB in size. It is important that you download the 64-bit version and you will need to register to do this.
- Open the VMPlayer.
- Download and install the Windows 8.1 software. Once the software is installed, select ‘Play’.
- Create a New Virtual Machine, and on the first screen select ‘installer disc image file (iso)’ and select the file you have just downloaded.
- When undertaking the Windows Setup, select ‘Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced)’.
- It is better to install VMware tools when you are asked to, but it optional.
- In the virtual windows installation, open a browser and login to your FutureLearn account so that you can continue following the instructions to install the remaining software.
Secure Android App Development
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.