Life in a smart city
- A list of references gives you a bank of published reports cited in the course. See the ‘Downloads’ below.
- The Smart Cities Project Ideas Template is a place for you to note down discoveries and reflections in Weeks 1–4 as you draft ideas towards your own smart cities project. It can also act as a record of your progress. Download this now in PDF or .docx format.
- The Smart Cities Project Business Model Canvas comes into play in Weeks 5 and 6 as you create your proposal for your smart cities project. Download this now in PDF or .docx format.
- A suite of Smart City Padlet boards allow you to upload photos, ideas, links and drawings, to share with your fellow learners. To help you to focus on each core area of learning you’ll be directed to these as you work through the course, and you can revisit any Padlet to refine your postings or add new ones whenever you like. There are tips and guidance on using Padlet in the ‘See also’ links below.
- If this is your first FutureLearn course take a look at the ‘Using FutureLearn’ page in the ‘See also’ links below.
- You are also encouraged to take part in the comments and in the discussions, by asking questions and engaging in conversation. To help you do this we have two mentors, Matthew Barker and Luisa Ruge. You can ‘follow’ the educators and the mentors by visiting their profile pages.
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.