Summary of the course
- Modify your scheme of work to incorporate a greater variety of contexts using plants.
- Identify opportunities to challenge and address students’ misconceptions in biology.
- Explore the use of plants for teaching key biological principles.
- Improve your subject knowledge in plant science.
- Collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to share and critique ideas for teaching practical science.
SAPS resourcesThis course has been co-developed with Science and Plants for Schools. Take a look at their secondary resources and subject knowledge materials to further your understanding and your students’ engagement with plant science.
Teaching Biology: Inspiring Students with Plant Science
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.