By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Design cloud architectures based on established principles and best practices
- Configure AWS services to make infrastructure scalable, reliable and highly available
- Demonstrate how AWS managed services can enable greater flexibility and resilience in a cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrate how AWS can improve the performance and reduce the cost of a cloud infrastructure
- Evaluate the AWS Well-Architected Framework to improve cloud architectures
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to read any announcements relating to your microcredential.
Prior to joining this course, it would be useful for learners to have some fundamental understanding of Python, JSON or other programming languages.
From 4 Jul 2022
AWS Solutions Architect
Discover the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure to architect secure applications with OU AWS Academy experts.
10 hours per week
You will be ready to take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam.
A 50% off voucher for the AWS exam will be available to all students who successfully complete this course.
10 UK credits at Undergraduate level from The Open University and a Certificate
Credits are awarded on passing the final assessment. Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
A Certificate of Completion and Digital Badge from AWS Academy
Viewing all the labs and passing each of the weekly knowledge checks and the final assessment with 80% or higher, will earn you a certificate of completion and a digital badge.
A 50% off voucher for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam if you successfully complete this course.
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020