By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Explain and evaluate what is meant by leadership, educational leadership, and management
- Engage critically with concepts and debates about educational leadership to develop your own practice
- Assess and investigate educational leadership practices that are socially just and ethical
- Design, justify and apply creative solutions to leadership issues within your own context
- Engage with a community of practice and develop a personalised action plan for your future self-development
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to read any announcements relating to your microcredential.
From 20 Jun 2022
Developing Educational Leadership in Practice
Strengthen your education leadership skills and put the latest theories and research into practice, with The Open University.
13 hours per week
Once you’ve successfully completed the microcredential, you’ll receive your academic credits from The Open University.
You’ll also have ongoing, unlimited access to the course materials.
15 UK Credits at Postgraduate level from The Open University
You’ll receive an Open University certificate confirming that you have received 15 academic credits at postgraduate level 7. Credits are awarded on passing the final assessment.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020