By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Identify the ways in which as individuals, organisations and societies we construct certainty and avoid uncertainty
- Apply multiple perspectives on uncertainty and tools for engaging with uncertainty whilst still being able to act
- Reflect critically on the uses, limitations and dangers of big data, artificial intelligence, and models, in contexts of uncertainty
- Demonstrate a critical and ethical awareness of how uncertainty is socially distributed in society and in organisations and how your actions as a manager/leader can impact this
- Reflect on and develop your own capacity for leadership under uncertainty
- Evaluate assumptions critically, in planning, forecasting, modelling, and strategizing to support more mindful organising and greater resilience in the face of uncertainty
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to read any information relating to your microcredential.
From 10 Oct 2022
Management of Uncertainty: Leadership, Decisions and Action
Build the skills and capabilities required to manage and lead in the face of radical uncertainty
13 hours per week
Your submitted assessment will be marked and graded by academic experts from The Open University. You’ll continue to have ongoing access to the course materials.
15 UK credits at Postgraduate level from The Open University and a Certificate
Academic credits are awarded on passing the final assessment. These will be at postgraduate level 7 of the Framework for Higher Education (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) / Level 11 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020