By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Reflect on the key concepts and skills in leading professional learning and relate to the practice within your context
- Evaluate and critique your role and practice in leading and supporting professional learning through mentoring or coaching
- Reflect critically on the main theories, models and approaches to mentoring and coaching as they apply within your own practice
- Apply, reflect, and refine ethical approaches to mentoring or coaching sessions, in planning and practice, considering equality, diversity and inclusion
- Engage with professional communities of practice, including online, to develop working relationships that critically analyse and evaluate research and practice
- Evaluate and critique your own strengths and weaknesses to pro-actively engage in positive self-development
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to read any announcements relating to your microcredential.
From 11 Mar 2024
Mentoring and Coaching in Professional Learning
Learn how to lead professional learning through effective mentoring and coaching, with The Open University.
13 hours per week
Your submitted assessment will be marked and graded by subject matter experts. You’ll continue to have ongoing access to the course materials.
15 UK Credits at Postgraduate level from The Open University and a Certificate
Academic credits are awarded on passing the final assessment. These will be at postgraduate level 7 of the Framework for Higher Education (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) / level 11 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.