Kogod School of Business at American University
Chartered by Congress in 1893, American University has upheld its commitment to educating service-minded students for more than a century. Today, the core values of social responsibility and a commitment to cultural and intellectual diversity continue to drive every university initiative. AU’s student body is consistently ranked among the nation’s most politically and socially active and represents all 50 states as well as more than 130 countries. More than 90 percent of faculty members hold the highest degree in their field and help American University develop leaders who are prepared to make a positive impact on their communities locally, nationally, and globally.
American University proudly supports military members and their families as well as students living internationally. Its commitment to diversity, service, and academic excellence has earned AU praise from a number of top organizations, including:
- U.S. News & World Report, America’s Best Colleges (2015), #71 Best National University
- The Princeton Review, Best Colleges (2014), #4 Most Politically Active Students
- The Princeton Review, Green Rating Honor Roll (2015)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Green Power Leadership Award (2013)
- Peace Corps, #2 for medium-sized colleges with the most volunteers (2015)
Known for our focus on experiential learning, the Kogod School of Business has been educating the world’s business leaders since 1955. Where other schools breed competition among students, Kogod fosters a collaborative learning environment based on academic trust and integrity. Our more than 75 full-time faculty are scholars in the field of business who embrace hands-on, evidence-based learning in and out of the classroom. We take a team approach to our students’ education; each faculty member is dedicated to scholarship and teaching, building lasting relationships with students that continue through graduation and beyond.
Through our new online programs, we are growing Kogod’s degree offerings and our student body. Now, professionals from around the world have the chance to earn a Kogod degree. Our dynamic, online classroom facilitates the collaborative and personal environment we’ve built on campus, providing students everywhere with the lifelong benefits of a Kogod education. Our top-100 graduate business programs have been consistently recognized for their excellence:
- Bloomberg Businessweek, Best Graduate Business Schools (2016), #43
- Forbes, #65 Full-time MBA
- Poets & Quants, Top 100 U.S. MBA Programs, #78