Causes of Human Disease: Final Assessment Course
Revise, practise and test the knowledge and skills you have gained through self-, peer- and tutor-marked assessments. Write a tutor-marked essay (1,200 words in English) and a tutor-marked reflective log (300 words in English).
Duration: Three weeks.
When is it offered? Three times per year, starting on 7 January, 29 April, and 3 June 2019.
How is it delivered? Entirely online through the FutureLearn platform.
What will the final assessment course involve?
This final assessment course enables you to revise, practise and test the knowledge and skills you have gained during the Causes of Human Disease program.
Completing and passing this course will enable you to earn 10 credits from the University of Leeds.
- Introduction to the University of Leeds, registration, accessing e-resources, academic writing and academic integrity.
- Prepare a self-assessed written essay in English, and assess your essay against an example answer using marking criteria.
- Revision exercises and production of a written essay for peer-review.
- Peer-review another student’s essay against an example answer using marking criteria and receive peer-review feedback.
- Begin your tutor-marked reflective log.
- Revision exercises and begin a written essay for the final tutor-marked assessment.
- Complete your tutor-marked reflective log.
For the final assessment, you will write an essay (1,200 words in English) and submit a reflective log (300 words in English). You will only pass the course and earn 10 credits from the University of Leeds when you have passed the written assessments with a mark of 40% or over.
The University of Leeds will then send you a printed transcript to show that you have passed the course and gained the credit. You will also receive a FutureLearn Award.
For more information about academic credit, see our FAQs on credit.
Registering as a University of Leeds student
You will register as a student at the University of Leeds for the duration of this course. This will give you access to:
- the University of Leeds student portal
- e-resources in the University library and on the University website.
You will not receive a student card and you will not be able to access any of the University of Leeds campus-based services.
How is the final assessment course different to the other courses in this program?
The final assessment course differs in a number of ways:
- In order to join, you must have completed all of the other courses within the program and have obtained a Certificates of Achievement for each.
- You will need to pay upfront to be able to access the final assessment course. You will receive information on how to do this when you have completed the other courses in the program.
- There is no new learning material in the final assessment course.
Ready to take the assessment course?
If you’ve already completed all of the other courses within the program and bought the Certificates of Achievement, congratulations! You’re ready to join the final assessment course. Proceed to the assessment and registration page.