Weekly study3 hours
Contract Management and Procurement: An Introduction
Build your understanding of contract management in construction
On this short course, you will have the chance to explore the contract management process in the context of construction. The course offers insight into contractual mechanisms and procedures at both pre-construction and construction stages.
During the course, you’ll have the opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of the principles of the formation of a contract in English law, explore the rights and obligations of parties, and get to know the role of the contract administrator and project manager in a construction contract.
- Formation of a contract in English law and the impact of terms and representations on the construction professional
- Rights and obligations of parties and the role of the contract administrator and project manager in a construction contract
- Procurement routes/strategies and standard forms of contract with reference to JCT 2016 and NEC3
- Types of contract – lump sum, measurement, and cost reimbursement – JCT family, NEC family
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the principles involved in the formation of contracts
- Explain the nature of construction contracts
- Explore the processes involved in tendering contracts
- Develop an understanding of the procurement strategies involved in construction
- Develop an understanding of the parties involved in a construction contract
- Describe how to manage contractual relationships
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone keen to build their understanding of contract management and how to form contracts in English law.
Please note that the individuals listed below under the title ‘Who will you learn with?’ may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.