Weekly study2 hours
How To Teach Online: Moving online post-pandemic
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Discover practical ways to deliver online education and support your students.
Since the initial COVID-19 lockdown, many of you have been asked to move your teaching online and even now, online learning continues to play a key role in education. This three-week course will show you useful techniques to adapt face-to-face teaching to online lessons so that your students can get the most out of their learning experience. You’ll learn practical approaches to help you quickly move your teaching online, overcome the hurdles presented by digital education, and embrace the opportunities that come with online learning.
Learn how to create a lesson plan for eLearning
You’ll discuss the challenges of online teaching to understand how to modify your lessons and prepare your students for success. You’ll learn how to create effective lesson plans for online teaching and think about learning design. You’ll also have access to insightful resources, including answers to popular questions about teaching online.
Explore techniques to help you engage your students
Discover how to build a strong online community by connecting with others, and learn how to create engagement through interaction. You’ll find out how to balance online learning with offline, asynchronous learning. Hearing from students about their online learning experiences, you’ll understand how to select and design different approaches to engage students and create an effective student learning environment.
Check progress and provide feedback
Checking student progress and giving useful feedback is very different in an online context, so it’s important to learn the best methods to ensure your students know how to improve. You’ll learn what makes for effective assessments and feedback to create a collaborative experience for you and your students.
- Getting started with online teaching
- Preparing your students for successful online learning
- Using tools designed for creating, sharing and re-mixing plans for learning
- Bringing lessons learned from teaching online into your everyday practice
- Collecting and responding to student feedback
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop plans to set your students up for success
- Create and share approaches and techniques for maintaining continuity while moving teaching and learning online
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of moving classes from face-to-face to online
- Identify techniques and approaches for engaging your students online
- Adapt your practice to the online context
- Collect, review and evaluate student feedback on your new approaches
- Discuss how to manage the personal impact of teaching online
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who have to rapidly move from face-to-face to online teaching who are under time constraints.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: