You’ve been invited by University of Reading to join an online course on FutureLearn
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an informed and balanced understanding of the complexities of sustainable food production in the EU within the context of the global food supply chain.
- Describe how food is produced by EU farmers
- Summarise the trade-offs required when considering organic, environmentally sustainable, and socially acceptable production methods.
- Explain the challenges faced by farmers and how innovative technologies help them to provide a secure and sustainable food supply for a growing population
- Synthesise the benefits of different farming methods
- Assess your food-buying choices and working priorities based on your knowledge of sustainable food production.