You’ve been invited by University of Reading to join an online course on FutureLearn
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to...
- Assess the causes of food loss and food waste and assess the effect on the planet in terms of food security, sustainability and climate change
- Reflect on how changes in the way we shop, cook and store food can help reduce food waste
- Compare the practices of different retailers and discover the innovations that are helping them to reduce waste
- Explore your own personal contribution to the problem and solutions offered by waste hierarchy and the circular economy
- Debate how to produce actionable changes that can make an impact on your own community
- Synthesise the policies of national governments and the EU and help improve the sustainability of the food system in your country