Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 10 hours
Why join the course?
On this course you will explore the different ways in which psychologists have approached the concept of personality. You will be introduced to different theoretical perspectives, such as the cognitive, biological, social and developmental approaches, to discover the various forces that can shape an individual’s personality.
The Big 5 personality traits will be defined and discussed in addition to ways in which psychologists have attempted to measure personality.
Connections will also be made between personality and organisational performance.
What topics will you cover?
• Definitions of personality
• The biological perspective of personality
• The cognitive perspective of personality
• The social perspective of personality
• The developmental perspective of personality
• Trait theory
• The Big 5 personality traits
• Personality measurement
• Applications of personality theory to organisational performance.
Who is the course for?
This course is for individuals who would like to find out what psychologists believe influences an individual’s personality and the ways in which personality can be measured.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.