Weekly study10 hours
The Future of Assessing People at Work: Hopeful or Hopeless?
The use of assessment in recruitment, selection, and development is continuously increasing. However, rapid advances in technology and human resources, as well as fast changing client requirements are leading to major changes in assessment practice.
This course provides a future-oriented perspective of the assessment of people at work.
- Big data: will it change the way assessment works?
- Assessment through serious games: are they serious enough?
- Gamification of assessment to increase candidate engagement.
- Computer-based artificial intelligence (AI).
- The use of social networking websites (SNWs).
- The need for immediate, constant and constructive feedback as part of performance management.
- Assessing employee happiness to increase employee engagement.
- Faking of assessments: will it reduce our ability to predict future behaviours?
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what is meant by big data and gain an understanding of whether it will change the way assessment works in the future
- Explore the use of disruptive technologies in assessment and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Debate the use of social networking websites (SNWs) in recruitment and selection
- Explore the need for immediate, constant and constructive feedback on performance.
- Identify the changing needs of individuals and organisations in relation to selection and development.
- Critically discuss the potential issues associated with new and innovative assessment methods.
Who is the course for?
This course is for individuals who would like to reflect on the future of assessing people at work, including the use of big data and social networking for selection.