Weekly study3 hours
Anatomy: Human Neuroanatomy
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Expand your knowledge of the nervous system
On this course, you’ll be introduced to the central and peripheral nervous systems.
Through a series of illustrated lecture videos and quizzes, you’ll explore basic neuroanatomy, as well as sensory pathways, motor pathways and the autonomic nervous system.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a more thorough understanding of how the entire body influences, and is influenced, by the nervous system.
- Gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- The names and functions of the cranial nerves
- Functions of the central and peripheral nervous systems
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Identify the names and functions of cranial nerves
- Describe how sensory information enters the brain
- Describe how the brain and spinal cord control the muscles
- Summarize how the autonomic system activates the fight or flight response
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for high school and new college and university students interested in the medical field.
It will also be of interest to adults looking for a career change into a health profession, as well as anyone looking to improve their understanding of the human body.
Who developed the course?
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.