- Duration8 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Anatomy: Human Neuroanatomy
Expand your knowledge of the nervous system
On this course, you’ll be introduced to the central and peripheral nervous systems.
Through a series of illustrated lecture videos and quizzes, you’ll explore basic neuroanatomy, as well as sensory pathways, motor pathways and the autonomic nervous system.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a more thorough understanding of how the entire body influences, and is influenced, by the nervous system.
Gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
The names and functions of the cranial nerves
Functions of the central and peripheral nervous systems
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Identify the names and functions of cranial nerves
- Describe how sensory information enters the brain
- Describe how the brain and spinal cord control the muscles
- Summarize how the autonomic system activates the fight or flight response
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for high school and new college and university students interested in the medical field.
It will also be of interest to adults looking for a career change into a health profession, as well as anyone looking to improve their understanding of the human body.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.