Weekly study10 hours
Applications of Consumer Psychology
Understand the relationship between consumer psychology and marketing
Marketers need to develop practical marketing programmes with consumers in mind, whether it be for launching new products/services, expanding existing markets or raising the profile of brands.
Before changing something such as a brand, development of a new product/service or changing a new product/service, it is important to have good information about it ie conduct marketing research.
This course will explore basic marketing concepts such as market segmentation and the marketing mix. It will also introduce you to market research.
- Consumer behaviour
- Consumer segmentation
- Marketing mix
- Market research
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate how the price goes beyond purchase cost
- Explain the motivators for shopping behaviour
- Explain the weak and strong theories of advertising
- Describe the advantages of radio, cinema and ambient advertising
- Describe the importance of getting service levels right
- Explain market research and marketing research
- Discuss the importance of ethics in marketing research
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of the relationship between consumer psychology, consumer behaviour and marketing.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.