Weekly study10 hours
Asymmetric Key Cryptography
Explore the principles of asymmetric key cryptography
Cryptography provides more than just secure communication. It also gives us ways to identify a sender or receiver, prove authorship or verify a source of information.
In this course we will see how asymmetric encryption is fundamental to modern communications and learn about the algorithms that make it possible.
- Asymmetric key cryptography
- Key exchange
- Public key infrastructure
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the theory and practice of asymmetric cryptography
- Demonstrate the use of public key infrastructure
- Apply symmetric cryptography to the problems of signing, certification and authentication
- Discuss certificate authorities, trusted platform modules and concepts such as chain of trust
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who want to understand more about the way cryptography keeps our communications safe, either out of curiosity or to prepare for advanced study of the topic.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the “Who will you learn with?” section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.