Business Planning to Grow Successful Companies
Develop and launch a successful business from idea to expansion.
From initial idea and business strategy to funding and international expansion, this course will take you through all the steps to launching and developing a successful business.
Plan and strategise to build a successful business
On this course, you’ll look at the key elements of effective business planning and how to develop a business strategy. You’ll also be introduced to important financial concepts and the different ways that businesses are financed.
By evaluating case studies of successful businesses and entrepreneurs, you’ll be able to develop your own business ideas, create plans and strategies to support them, and start to think about your funding options.
Discover the tools to conduct effective industry analysis
An important step in assessing the feasibility of a business idea is understanding the business environment and competitors. There are many different tools that you can use to put together a market analysis.
On this course, you’ll explore the key elements of three important tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, and Porter’s five forces analysis. You’ll then look at applying different models for situation audits to help build a picture of the business environment.
Evaluate the different methods for international expansion
There are a number of modes for expanding a business into foreign markets and each has its merits and drawbacks. Explore these different methods with a combination of case studies from real businesses and supplemental materials to help understand the different approaches to international expansion.
Once you’ve learned the different methods, you can then apply them to your own business idea and discuss the suitability of each one.
- Business planning. What makes a good business idea and how can you develop the idea?
- Competitive audits. How can you better understand the environment of an organisation?
- Business financial planning. What type of business are you and how do you analyse and plan your finances?
- International expansion. What are the different strategies for entering foreign markets?
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the characteristics of successful businesses
- Develop your own business ideas through building an understanding of different industries
- Compare sources of finance to assess their suitability for different situations
- Discuss the suitability of the different methods of international expansion for your own business idea
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to understand effective business planning, specifically in relation to international growth strategies.
This may also be of extra interest to anyone studying business at degree level or business at level 3.
If you want to further your knowledge, you may be interested in thee courses, from the same provider, that share the same overall learning outcomes:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.