Weekly study1 hour
Premium course$19What's included?
Careers in Tech: How to Choose the Right Tech Job For You
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Interact with tech experts in real time
This live event from Jolt will give you exclusive insight into working in tech and arm you with the knowledge, tools, and confidence to find the right tech job for you.
Through an interactive, instructor-led event, you’ll have the opportunity to ask an industry expert all your questions about working in tech.
With guidance from a real network of tech specialists, you’ll learn how to understand job descriptions, utilise social platforms, and gain tips for career success.
Discover job search tools to start your tech career
Starting a job search can be an overwhelming task. This course will help you manage the process by learning where to look for a job in tech and what to do before you start your search.
You’ll also discover techniques to help you gain deeper insights into a job. You’ll learn how to go beyond a job description to find out more about a role, the company, and its culture.
Next, you’ll receive assistance with writing your resume, applying for jobs, and negotiating your salary to ensure you are well-prepared to start your search for your ideal tech job.
Gain expert insights into the tech industry
Throughout the event, you’ll learn from, engage, and network with tech executives to gain an insider look into the tech industry.
With the help of career advisors, you’ll choose a career path in tech that’s right for you.
What topics will you cover?
Getting the most from the session
- Meet the Educator and introduce yourself
- Preparing for the live session
The live session
20 February 2023 at 12pm GMT
- Learn insider tips directly from tech experts through a live interactive session
- Gain exclusive insight into working in tech and arm yourself with knowledge, tools, and confidence to find the right job
- Understand job descriptions and utilize social platforms to find tech jobs
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Add to Wishlist to be emailed when new dates are announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the tools used to find the right job for you in tech.
- Compare reactive and proactive approaches when looking for a job in tech.
- Investigate the right resources to provide the best insights.
- Discuss the best places to start the job hunt.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in working in tech.
On the course, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to interact live with a tech industry expert to ensure you get on the right career path.
Who will you learn with?
Radina is a psychologist, trainer, and lecturer with 13 years of international agency & in-house HR and talent acquisition experience. Her corporate career includes global companies like LinkedIn.
Who developed the course?
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you're eligible
- Download and print your Certificate of Achievement anytime
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn