Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 8
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Client Onboarding and Fitness Testing
Learn how to onboard clients and health screen in a fitness setting.
This two-week course provides you with the knowledge you need as a health and fitness professional to successfully prepare your client for a training programme.
You’ll gain an understanding of the orientation and pre-screening requirements, and how you can use this knowledge to create a comprehensive and effective onboarding process.
You’ll also explore how you can use fitness testing to better understand your client’s baseline so you can create a fitness programme that is tailored to their needs.
Understand your role as a fitness professional
You’ll examine the legal responsibilities and roles as a health and fitness professional to gain knowledge of the industry and what’s expected of you.
Having analysed a range of fitness testing methods, you’ll also reflect on the use of the Adult Pre-Exercise Screening System (APSS) and how to apply these methods to different fitness levels and programme requirements in your client base.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to effectively assess your client’s progression and help them reach their fitness goals.
Learn alongside professionals at CQUniversity
You’ll take part in practical learning experiences and project-based learning alongside experts at CQUniversity, Australia’s leading regional university.
This course will equip you with real-world knowledge and skills that you can take into your health and fitness workplace.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the legal responsibilities and professional roles of health and fitness professionals.
- Reflect on the use of the Adult Pre-Exercise Screening Tool (APEST) in the fitness setting.
- Evaluate the range of fitness testing methods they apply to a range of fitness levels and program requirements to assess baseline, progress and reach goals of the client.
Who is the course for?
This course will help you if you are a fitness professional, personal trainer, or training leader looking to build a client base through a professional onboarding process.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends