Weekly study10 hours
Climate Solutions for a Net Zero Future
Find the most impactful climate solutions with Nottingham Business School
There is an ever-increasing awareness of the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, address climate change, and transition to a net zero society. This has led to a demand for climate literacy from managers and employees at all levels, working in organisations across the public, private, and third sector.
This microcredential will help you develop your climate literacy and understand climate leadership, so that you can make an impact in your own organisation, or apply for one of the many green jobs now on offer. You’ll hear from experts and climate leaders in a wide range of sectors, who’ll share their advice on how you can incorporate climate solutions into your everyday work.
With these insights, you’ll be empowered to work towards a positive future for your organisation, neighbourhood, and wider society.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with advanced foundational theories and conceptual frameworks used in climate leadership and management practice in organisations, both nationally and internationally.
- Apply knowledge, tools and techniques to understand issues within climate leadership and management practice.
- Calculate data in relation to greenhouse gases and carbon dioxide equivalent emissions, in the context of organisational boundaries, scopes and science-based targets.
- Demonstrate creativity in the application of knowledge with respect to climate literacy.
- Present and communicate key issues and arguments relating to climate change and science, in an appropriate format to a technologically professional standard.
- Calculate relevant data used in diverse contexts to support effective decision-making in climate leadership and management practice.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in becoming climate literate, uncovering new climate solutions, and helping achieve net zero by transforming organisations and societies.