- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Fundamentals of DevOps and Azure Pipeline
This course is part of DevOps with Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack where you’ll learn the core values and principles of DevOps and how to put these into practice.
Implement a DevOps pipeline
During this four-week course, you’ll gain an understanding of the fundamental DevOps concepts to increase your knowledge and help you prepare for when you dive deeper into specific practices.
Once you have understood the fundamentals, you’ll use a hands-on approach to strengthen your knowledge. During labs, you will have the opportunity to practice implementing a DevOps pipeline using Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
You’ll also learn other techniques such as IaC (Implementing and Infrastructure as Code) and tracking production to align with suitable metrics to help improve business results.
Delve into DevOps with Azure
Once you learn the DevOps core values, principles, and practices, you’ll understand how to use Microsoft Azure effectively.
You’ll learn and be able to demonstrate how to deploy IaaS and PaaS environments in Microsoft using different deployment tools.
Learn how to use Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
Using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), you’ll learn how to deploy and configure standardised infrastructure, automating builds and deployments using continuous integration and continuous deployment.
You’ll also delve into automating testing before release and whilst in production giving you a deeper understanding of how to use VSTS.
By the end of the course, you will understand how to begin crafting a release pipeline using Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Within this process, you’ll also learn valuable and transferable skills such as continuous integration techniques, continuous testing practices, and configuration as code.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration as code
- Build and deploy automatically to production often and consistently
- Test automatically before and during production
- Track production to align with suitable metrics to improve business results
- Practice implementing a DevOps pipeline by using Microsoft Azure
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Applied DevOps core values, principles and practices
- Demonstrate how to deploy to IaaS and PaaS environments in Microsoft Azure using ARM templates, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and other deployment tools
- Perform Unit tests, Integration tests, load tests, UI tests and test driven-development
- Build and deploy applications automatically to Dev, Test and Production environments
- Identified Data retention strategies, exposure control strategies, and hypothesis-driven development
Who is the course for?
This course is best suited for developers working in an organisation delivering software.
This will also suit IT pros who have some knowledge and experience working with cloud-based solutions and Microsoft Azure, and are looking to expand their skills.