Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Collaboration and Teamwork for Sustainable Innovation
Develop your teamwork and collaboration skills
The more we can do to equalize the world, the better and more effective teams we will be able to assemble as we capitalize on everyone’s soft-skill superpowers to make a difference.
On this four-week course from Ubiquity University, you’ll explore soft skills related to building trust, diversity and inclusion, building teams, and collaborating. You’ll also focus on the SDGs that have a relationship with teamwork and collaboration.
Build effective and collaborative teams
You’ll start this course by reflecting on how you engage in teams, assessing what worked well and what made the team work effectively.
A concept called teaming is a way of forming teams that work best in hypercomplex environments. You’ll examine this new concept, discover the methodologies behind it, and think about how you can utilise teaming in your own context.
Explore linear and exponential change and how to manage change
To tackle both linear and exponential change, you’ll delve into change management theory, learning the basics around change contexts and change variations.
You’ll also take a look at the design thinking methodology pioneered at Stanford University. You’ll connect the design thinking process with the ideas of exponential change and an entrepreneurial mindset to assess how to start a business built around the UN SDGs.
Investigate the SDGs surrounding poverty and equality
This course will focus on the SDGs that have a close relationship with innovation and social entrepreneurship and are centred on three areas that are ripe for innovation to ensure our societies and workforces are healthy and productive.
You’ll delve into three specific SDGs, covering the relationship between food production, protection of farmworkers, and resources used to transport foods as part of this.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the concept of “teaming” for working in hypercomplex environments
- Investigate the topics of poverty, reduced inequality, and gender equality
- Interpret the difference between “linear” change and “exponential” change
- Assess the basics of change management theory including important components around change contexts and change variations
- Investigate the relationship between food production, protection of farm workers and resources used to transport foods
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to improve their soft skills to help in career development. It will be especially useful if you’re interested in sustainability and how to use these soft skills to improve yourself and the planet.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends