Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Creativity and Innovation: Their Role in Becoming an Entrepreneur
What’s the difference between creativity and innovation, and how can they help you to become an entrepreneur?
This course covers how to review and identify the best ways to generate ideas in business. You’ll have a chance to explore effective creative processes to help you recognise, harness, and stimulate innovation.
Learn how to do a PESTLE analysis and create a mind map
You’ll have an opportunity to explore all avenues of ideation – from brainstorming and the ingenuity process to thinking inside the box.
You’ll also be able to discover how to carry out a PESTLE analysis: is a framework to analyse the key factors (Political, Economic, Sociological, Technological, Legal and Environmental) influencing an organisation from the outside.
What is design thinking – and how can you use it?
The course will teach you about the concept of design thinking. By supplying a structure to the process of innovation, design thinking allows innovators to collaborate and agree on what’s essential to the outcome at every phase.
Discover different types of innovation
How does innovation happen? The course will look at types of innovation (sustaining, disruptive, incremental and radical), who the innovators are and how innovation happens.
You’ll also learn how to carry out innovation management and to overcome resistance to innovation.
- The difference between creativity and innovation
- The importance of a creative mindset
- Introduction to idea generation techniques
- The process of innovation
- Innovation as change-making
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the nature and importance of creativity and innovation
- Explain how innovation happens and how to recognise, stimulate and harness innovation
- Identify types of innovation
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for anyone interested in applying entrepreneurship principles to their daily lives.
It will be of particular interest to people in business development, recruitment and business management roles looking to take their career to the next level.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends