Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Visualisation with Python: Matplotlib and Visual Analysis
Many organisations can collect and analyse data effectively, but not all are able to transform these insights into effective decision-making that results in organisational value. That’s where data visualisation comes in.
This Python online course will supercharge your data visualisation skills for both exploratory and explanatory purposes, using the commonly used programming language.
Learn how to use Python for business analysis
Python is used across all industries, from healthcare to finance, and in different fields of business analytics. It’s also one of the simplest programming languages to learn.
You’ll learn how to use Python through the use of its robust graphic libraries to bring insights to life and tell stories that help decision-making.
Explore different types of data visualisation
This course will introduce you to design fundamentals, allowing you to identify and critique components of effective visualised data, charts and the visualisation of complex relationships.
You’ll also get to design powerful visualisations using spreadsheet tools.
Create plots in Python using Matplotlib and time series data
Matplotlib is a powerful Python library for creating plots and charts.
You’ll be introduced to the library and time series data, one of the most commonly used data types. You’ll also master the basics of creating and customising plots using Python code, including custom colours, markers and styles.
Learn how to understand quantitative comparisons and statistical visualisations
Visualisations can be used to compare data in a quantitative manner. You’ll explore the different methods used in the creation of quantitative visualisations.
You’ll find out how to plot bar charts, histograms and scatter plots using Python’s plotting library, Matplotlib.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and critique components of effective visualisations, charts and visualisation of complex relationships
- Design effective visualisations using spreadsheet tools
- Understand the architecture and objects of the Matplotlib Package
- Create Static Plots using Matplotlib
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals who would like to grow their confidence in using Python to produce exploratory and explanatory visualisations and build dashboards to communicate insights.
- A professional working with data on a regular basis or have a fundamental understanding of data analytics but want to become more employable or progress in their career.
- A business analyst or junior data analysts looking to further develop their data visualisation skills using Python.
- An individual with existing programming capabilities looking to enter the data analytics field.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: