Weekly study6 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Getting Started with Digital Marketing
Learn how to plan and design a successful digital marketing strategy
This three-week digital marketing course will teach you all you needed to know about digital marketing through dynamic video presentations and practical learning activities.
You’ll cover the main basic concepts, techniques, and skills required in order to develop, plan and implement an effective digital marketing strategy.
Identify the core principles and purpose of different digital marketing channels
To start off with, you’ll identify the core principles and purpose of digital marketing and will decipher the key considerations for ensuring optimum performance across a range of different digital channels.
This will include the benefits of inbound channels (such as email and affiliate marketing) as well as outbound channels (such as display and video advertising).
You’ll then use the ‘buyer journey’ concept in order to understand how to engage an audience effectively, will distinguish between email strategies and will also decipher the key steps for setting up an effective social media marketing campaign.
Discover the role of Google Analytics in driving data-led decisions
You’ll then differentiate between the key components of search engine optimisation (SEO) and will identify different email strategies for acquiring and retaining customers.
You’ll also discover the value and importance of UX to users, the role of Google Analytics in driving data-led decisions and how to recognise key digital display advertising components and tactics.
Learn from digital marketing experts from the Digital Marketing Institute
Throughout the duration of the course, you’ll be learning from digital marketing experts at the Digital Marketing Institute; the proven global standard for digital marketing certification with 120,000+ members and over 20,000+ certified professionals.
- Channel planning
- Connecting with the customer
- Purpose of content marketing
- Buyer personas
- Inbound channels: Content and social media
- Inbound channels: Search engine marketing
- Inbound channels: Email and affiliate marketing
- Outbound channels: Display and video advertising
- Web design and website optimisation
- Importance of User experience (UX)
- Analytics fundamentals
- Becoming a strategic thinker
- Digital strategy fundamentals
- Executing a digital marketing strategy
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the core principles and purpose of digital marketing
- Identify the key considerations for ensuring optimum performance across different digital channels
- Use the Buyer's Journey to understand how to engage an audience effectively
- Distinguish between the key steps for setting up an effective social media marketing campaign
- Differentiate between the key components of SEO
- Distinguish between email strategies for acquiring and retaining customers
- Recognize key digital display advertising components and tactics
- Identify the key components of effective web design and their associated tasks and activities
- Recognize the value and importance of UX to users
- Identify the role of analytics in driving data-led decisions and recognize the benefits and the limitations of Google Analytics
- Distinguish between the core components of a digital marketing strategy
- Identify the key components in a campaign action plan to execute a digital marketing strategy
Who is the course for?
This course is primarily designed for those in traditional marketing careers who are looking to update their skillset, recent marketing graduates, entrepreneurs and small businesses owners, anyone looking to pursue a career in digital marketing and those hoping to implement an up to date digital strategy for their company.
Who developed the course?
Digital Marketing Institute is the proven global standard for digital marketing certification with 120,000+ members and over 20,000+ certified professionals. We operate in 100+ countries and work with the global marketing teams of blue-chip brands and with the world’s leading education brands. Our programmes are developed with our council of leading global marketers, so they are built and validated by industry, for industry.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.